Cruises from Auckland
Located at the top of the North Island and New Zealand’s biggest city, Auckland is a common starting point for your kiwi cruise. With an ideal position for scheduling in other North Island ports, Auckland is a welcoming and diverse city, brimming with culture, shopping and token kiwi hospitality!
Sitting upon a stunning harbour that is lined with ferries and cruise ships, Auckland enjoys a beautiful waterfront location, positioned perfectly in front of a stunning sky line featuring its very own ‘Sky Tower’. Auckland’s dreamy proximity to the water really sets this city apart and leads it directly to the fabulous Bay of Islands and the Gulf of Hauraki. Auckland is New Zealand’s premier cosmopolitan city filled with an addictive sense of hustle and bustle. Lined with bars, cafes, traditional pubs and international eateries, Auckland is a perfect example of multi-cultural wonder. Auckland also strives to fulfill a highly impressive commitment to culture and there are always scheduled events and festivals dedicated to arts and music.
Compare hundreds of cruises from Auckland now, use our deal finder to help you and find all prices and dates from all available liners and providers on one page! From last minute cruises to planned luxury, we can find all of the available options you will need, all in one place.
- Many cafes and bars
- Fantastic transport links
When is the best time to cruise Auckland?
Auckland enjoys a much warmer climate all year round which differs slightly from New Zealand’s other major cities such as Wellington and Christchurch. The main hazard for cruisers in Auckland is the intense sunshine that the summer brings. Strong sun protection is greatly advised for this season as the sun rays can be very strong, this is due to the reduction in ozone over New Zealand. The Auckland summer and popular cruising season takes place from December to February with the other seasons sharing consistent very changeable weather. Cruisers to New Zealand and Auckland are always advised to pack clothing for all seasons!
- Currency – New Zealand Dollar
- Time Zone – New Zealand Standard Time
Highlights of Cruises in Auckland
Art, History & Culture
- Auckland Art Gallery An exciting and cultural mix of contemporary and fine art, featuring an ever changing series of World class exhibitions.
- Auckland Museum A beautiful building of Greek style revival, the Auckland museum is definitely the most stunning and recognisable structure in Auckland. Exploring Maori history and culture, the Auckland museum is a perfect day out.
- Howick Historical Village Howick is a fascinating living museum that recreates an era of early Auckland settlement.
- Stardome & The Auckland Observatory The Stardome is Auckland’s oldest and largest planetarium that explores and shares a passion for stars and space.
Nature, Wildlife & Sports
- The Sky Tower Standing over a thousand feet tall, the Sky Tower is the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. Offering bars, cafes and shops, the Sky Tower also offers adrenaline fuelled activities from the very top of the structure!
- Auckland Zoo is home to New Zealand’s largest collection of animals and wildlife.
- Cornwall Park A beautiful and award winning park offering a stunning escape from the city.
- Tiritiri Island A day trip from the city, Tiritiri Island is a breath taking nature and wildlife area offering beautiful and scenic views and landscapes.
- Queen Street
- Downtown Shopping Centre