Cruises from Melbourne
Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city but famously recognised as the country’s cultural and sports capital. Bringing in both the local and international cruise crowds, Melbourne is a sought after location filled with inner city suburbs and precincts, brimming with attractions and things to do. With large emphasis on sports and art, Melbourne is also praised for its commitment to contemporary architecture, extensive transport links and its parks and gardens that are overflowing with Victorian influence. Located on a large natural bay, you embark on your journey from the stunning Yarra River that enjoys an iconic status within Melbourne. This is due to its picturesque setting and adjoining banks and trails, perfect for picnics, walks and cycling. The Yarra is also the host location for many Melbourne events such as rowing regattas and many festivals such as the Dragon Boat and Moomba. Whether it is planned or a last minute cruise deal, pick your dates, cut out the search engines and let us find the best deal for your Melbourne cruise now!
- Tram to city
- Tourist Information
- Taxi Service
When is the best time to cruise Melbourne?
There is no doubt that Melbourne has a reputation for ever changing weather, however generally enjoys a temperature climate that brings cool winters, unpredictable springs/autumns yet you can always rely on warm to hot summers. These ever changing climates in Melbourne also bring a lot of positives, due to the seasons creating model weather for their time. In summer (December-February), locals and cruisers hit the sparkling beaches and enjoy the hours of sunshine that fill each summer day and autumn (March-May) brings out the true beauty and colours of the many parks the city has to offer. Cosy café culture and bar hibernation is a popular pick for all Melbournians in winter (June-August) and spring (September-November) is always considered a time for renewal and admired yet again in the city based parks and gardens. Despite any forecasts, cruisers are always advised to bring clothing for all seasons, just in case the weather is to change.
- Currency – Australian Dollar
- Time Zone – Australian Eastern Standard Time
Highlights of Cruises in Melbourne
Art, History & Culture
- National Gallery Of Victoria The winner of The 2014 Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Award, The NGV is Australia’s oldest art gallery.
- St. Patricks Cathedral Perfectly positioned on the Eastern fringe of Melbourne city, St. Patricks Cathedral is a striking vision set upon the Melbourne sky line and surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Melbourne Museum One of Australia’s most treasured and visited museums; Melbourne museum explores sciences, Aboriginal culture and the environment.
- State Library of Victoria An excellent getaway from the City, the library boasts a building of architectural brilliance and holds a permanent exhibition exploring the history of literature and books.
Nature, Wildlife & Sports
- National Sports Museum Showcasing World class sporting memorabilia at the MCG, the National Sports Museum is an eclectic and exciting mix of sports education and cultural heritage.
- Melbourne Zoo The Melbourne Zoo hosts 320 species of wildlife and animals within a natural setting. Extremely interactive, you can wander through settings such as African rainforests and monkey filled trees.
- Sea Life Centre Melbourne A two litre aquarium in the heart of Melbourne that showcases a wide variety of sea life.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground Australia’s largest, oldest and most popular sports venue.
- Queen Victoria Market
- Collins Street
- Melbourne Central
- Chapel Street